Today is also the first day of the Epic Follower Blogfest/Contest hosted by Shelley Watters, wherein authors are to post a twitter-length pitch and hope to win a full manuscript request from Agent Suzie Townsend.
1. In keeping with the alphabetic theme of the A-Z challenge, here is my Attempt at a twitter-length pitch for my paranormal romance, Faerie Fate:
Fate has love and death plans for Holly McCray, whether she believes in him or not.
It's only 82 characters long, so there's still wiggle room. Any comments or suggestions would be swell.
2. Back to the A-Z challenge. I thought about discussing Adverbs, but I figured other people could cover that. Besides, it's been overdone. We all know to avoid -ly adverbs and use stronger verbs.
3. Then I thought about discussing Anxiety. But this requires no explanation. We all understand. Please see #4.
4. Finally, I decided that Anticipation was a good subject because I've got a list of things I'm anticipating to the point of preoccupation:
1. I will graduate with my MFA in May. Halle-freakin-lujah.
2. Hubby will graduate with his BSE in May. Ya-freakin-hoo.
3. Oldest son graduates from high school in May. *sob*
4. I've sent queries to a bunch of agents. *bites nails* (see #2)
5. I've applied for a bunch of college/university teaching jobs. *ugh* *fidgets* *waiting....* (see #2)
6. Going on family vacation first 2 weeks of June. *can't wait*
7. Got a big tax refund. Waiting for the moolah. *taps foot*
Now, go read a few of the 900-ish other posts!
p.s. Another A-word: Award! Thanks to Christopher Ledbetter for this one.
He's so sweet for thinking of me!