Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Volunteers, Anyone?

First of all - look, over there, in the right column. See that? I've reached 100 followers!  I think that calls for a contest or a blogfest of some sort. I shall give that some consideration and let you know when I come up with something good.

Secondly, most of you know that I'm in the midst of prepping my paranormal romance for query time. The novel is done (though for any of you writers out there you know your novel is never completely done. You could reread it a billion times and every time you'll find something to fix or change or add. But for the most part, it's ready to query).

I've written a query letter and a synopsis and I'm looking for volunteers to critique it. I'd like to find a couple of writers who have written and/or critiqued query letters or synopses before, or better yet, someone who has written a query and synopsis that garnered them an agent. That would be awesome!

My query letter is one page and the synopsis is three, so it's a short read and hopefully won't be too painful. And of course I'm looking for a quick turnaround - couple of days?

So let me know if you're interested and qualified! You can send me an e-mail at maranash66 (at) gmail (dot) com.

2 comments:

Lisa Galek said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from the Blog Haunt.

I'd be interested in helping with your query letter. I'm no expert, but I just took a query writing class with C.J. Redwine, so I might be able to share some tips from that. Let me know :)

J.C. Martin said...

Hi, I'd be happy to help too, but again am no expert. If no one better volunteers, feel free to drop me a line!