Wednesday, January 26, 2011

OMG, Awards!

I love getting awards! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like somebody really cares. *happy sigh*

So I have two new awards as follows:

The lovely Jodi Henry gave me the L'Aussie's Fair Dinkum Award which made me think, "awww, so sweet!" In Aussie-speak fair dinkum apparently means real or genuine. Thanks Jodi! I'm supposed to pass it on to 6 other bloggers.





The second award is the Stylish Blogger Award, given to me by Sarah at Glissades and Gabbles. Wow, nobody  has ever called me stylish before. *blush*

I'm supposed to thank the person who gave it to me, (Thanks Sarah!) and tell you 7 things about myself, then pass it on to bloggers I think are great!)

Because I'm a rebel and a cheater-pants of the highest order, I will tell you 7 things about myself, but I will combine the pass-it-on lists for both awards into one list. Hey, in my book, rules are made to be broken!

Seven Things about Mara:

1. Donuts and pancakes are my favorite foods. Oh, and homemade bread. There is no better scent on the planet than fresh-from-the-oven homemade bread. But since I'm trying to follow a low carb diet, I don't get to eat those things as much as I wish I could. *sniff*

2. If I could choose several historical people to hang with for a day, I might choose (but then again, I might choose other people):
         a. King Arthur
         b. Queen Elizabeth I
         e. Da Vinci
         f.  Ben Franklin
         g. Hatshepsut 

3. My biggest phobias are balloons and spiders.

4. My biggest vice is that I like to drive fast.

5. My favorite color combinations include greens, blacks, browns, and shades of purple.

6. I like winter better than summer, and consequently prefer mountains and prairies to beaches.

7. My favorite styles of art are: Art Nouveau and Impressionism.

My Pass-it-On list includes a total of 7.

For the L'Aussie Fair Dinkum award:

Cheryl de los Reyes Cruz
Bill "The Edge" Friskey
Falen at Falen Formulates Fiction
The Alliterative Allomorph

For the Stylish Blogger Award:

Tessa at Tessa's Blurb
Mia at My Literary Jam and Toast
February Grace

Thanks again, ladies, for the awards. They really made my day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOOH congrats!

And THANK YOU!!!

*throws celebratory glitter*

Mia Hayson said...

Congrats on the awards!! And thankees!

:D

*hugs* *passes cake*

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats on the awards.... They are fun to get and give away...


Michael

Candyland said...

Woo! Congrats!

Dominic de Mattos said...

Congrats on your awards ... and thanks for the fun facts :D

Thanks for entering my blogfest ... just a reminder that it starts this Friday and runs through the weekend. :)

:Dom

DL Hammons said...

YAY you!!! Kudo's and Congrats!

Balloons??? That's the first time I've heard that phobia. :)

Jessica Bell said...

Thanks so much, Mara! You're very sweet :o)

February Grace said...

Boy am I late to this party but wow, thank you Mara and congratulations on your awards! So kind of you to think of me :~) will try to get this posted up soon!

hugs
bru