I love getting awards! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like somebody really cares. *happy sigh*
So I have two new awards as follows:
The lovely Jodi Henry gave me the L'Aussie's Fair Dinkum Award which made me think, "awww, so sweet!" In Aussie-speak fair dinkum apparently means real or genuine. Thanks Jodi! I'm supposed to pass it on to 6 other bloggers.
The second award is the Stylish Blogger Award, given to me by Sarah at Glissades and Gabbles. Wow, nobody has ever called me stylish before. *blush*
I'm supposed to thank the person who gave it to me, (Thanks Sarah!) and tell you 7 things about myself, then pass it on to bloggers I think are great!)
Because I'm a rebel and a cheater-pants of the highest order, I will tell you 7 things about myself, but I will combine the pass-it-on lists for both awards into one list. Hey, in my book, rules are made to be broken!
Seven Things about Mara:
1. Donuts and pancakes are my favorite foods. Oh, and homemade bread. There is no better scent on the planet than fresh-from-the-oven homemade bread. But since I'm trying to follow a low carb diet, I don't get to eat those things as much as I wish I could. *sniff*
2. If I could choose several historical people to hang with for a day, I might choose (but then again, I might choose other people):
a. King Arthur
b. Queen Elizabeth I
e. Da Vinci
f. Ben Franklin
3. My biggest phobias are balloons and spiders.
4. My biggest vice is that I like to drive fast.
5. My favorite color combinations include greens, blacks, browns, and shades of purple.
6. I like winter better than summer, and consequently prefer mountains and prairies to beaches.
7. My favorite styles of art are: Art Nouveau and Impressionism.
My Pass-it-On list includes a total of 7.
For the L'Aussie Fair Dinkum award:
Cheryl de los Reyes Cruz
Bill "The Edge" Friskey
Falen at Falen Formulates Fiction
The Alliterative Allomorph
For the Stylish Blogger Award:
Tessa at Tessa's Blurb
Mia at My Literary Jam and Toast
Thanks again, ladies, for the awards. They really made my day!